Wednesday, May 29, 2013

10 Questions For Carly

I posted last night on Instagram That I would answer 10 "about me" questions in honor of the 10,000 people now following me. So here are some answers to your quesions :)


Q: What was the hardest part of your weight loss transformation?
The hardest part is the mental game. Some mornings I wake up and in the mirror I see 210lb me, not the new 148 lb me. I think the mental aspect is 10x harder than the pyshical part.

Q: What keeps you motivated?
Besides all of you? What keeps me motivated is looking back at how far I have come. Pictures also keep me motivated because I can SEE how much I have changed. My parents, brother, sister and best friends all keep me motivated as well.

Q: What has been the hardest thing to remove from your diet? Sweets? Pasta?
BOTH. I LOVE bread, pasta, cookies, cupcakes, you name it. But you know what I love more than those things? ME. My body just does not do well with those things, so they are gone…92% of the time.

Q: How did you get diagnosed with PCOS and what steps have you taken to correct it aside from proper diet & exercise?
I was diagnosed at 17 years old. Took me two years and different doctors to figure it out. The best thing I have ever done for my body & PCOS is clean eating and exercise. I do not take medication besides yaz (bc). I am not on metformin/glucophage. I am all about food being thy medicine.

Q: How old are you?
23, although I feel much older. I’ve been through a lot in my short 23 years.

Q: How tall are you?
5’8..ish

Q: Was there a specific moment that mad you want to change or did it start gradually?
When I first started, no. Just kind of started gradually… and slowly. But most recently after a bad few months my big “ah ha!” moment happened after my 23rd birthday trip with one of my best friends and I weighed 174 lbs. I was not in a good place. Glad I turned it around! Started drinking shakeology, got back on my workout routine & started eating better. Keep in mind I graduated last june at about 159lbs. Today I am 148lbs.

Q: what workouts do you do for your abs?
I don’t target my core. I do a lot of full body workouts that burn fat everywhere. (hello burpees!) And I eat clean. That saying… abs are made in the kitchen? Well it is true. I don’t have abs, but my tummy is flat. And that is from clean eating.

Q: What do you do when you go out to a restaurant to keep yourself from overeating?
Well, I don’t eat out much. I love cooking and I find eating out expensive and kind of a hassle. If I have to go out for something special or a birthday, ect. I always have a snack before so I don’t go hungry. Keeps me from over eating. I always order a salad with lemon wedges for my dressing. No croutons, no tortilla strips, no cheese. Lots of veggies & a lean protein.

Q: How do you deal with sugar cravings?

FRUIT. I love fruit. But… I crave salty/sweet a lot. Like peanut butter & chocolate… that is my demise. I think that is why shakeology has helped me so much. Every morning its like I am drinking a reeses peanut butter cup smoothie! Kicks my cravings right from the start of my day.

3 comments:

  1. thanks Carly. I do have an extra Q (if u still answering)
    When you "had" to go for dinner for some party a friend was throwing how did you stay on track.
    I can eat and go but it looks snooty to not eat what someone cooked.
    And I dont feel comfy in telling Im on a diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just try to make the healthiest choice I can from whatever is being offered. And if there is no option, try not to over eat and drink lots of water :)

      Delete
  2. Found your blog through instagram. I too have PCOS which caused my infertility. Now that I have my little angel it is time to get serious and stop using the hormones as an excuse!

    ReplyDelete