Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Overwhelmed

I came to the realization today that yes, I am indeed human. Shocking.
16 weeks ago I was a recent graduate of UCLA, I was 175 lbs, somewhat depressed, blissfully and naively happy with the copious amounts of "crap" I was eating and content to accept my post-college weight gain with the excuse that "I am tall, this weight is fine for my body"
I had a deposit down and was enrolled for graduate school at USC.

Fast forward 16 weeks to today.

I am 148 pounds, blissfully happy with the copious amounts of clean food I consume & overwhelmed by the recent changes in my life. 

I have declined USC.

Dropped almost 30 pounds.
Gotten rid of my excuses & found my happy place.

Sounds great... Why is the name of my post "Overwhelmed" you might ask?

Well with these changes have come huge responsibilities.
10,000 people look up to me on Instagram.
 Close to 200 women rely on my advice as an admin in my PCOS support group. 
I am writing an Ebook.
Looking into doing an autobiography about my journey.
And I have weight loss challengers who I am coaching. 

I am overwhelmed, exhausted and utterly shocked every day about the response and communication I have created about my weight loss story and PCOS journey. BUT, It is a joyful overwhelmed & an exciting overwhelmed.


I am reaching my goals and my dreams one day at a time.


I always wanted to find a way to REACH people and never knew how. 

Who knew creating a little instagram account about my story would lead to such BIG chages? I sure didn't.

Although I am overwhelmed & exhausted, I am a HAPPY overwhelmed & exhausted person. And that is A LOT more that I can say for myself than just 16 weeks ago.


I am content in my own skin, pushing towards losing the last 10lbs and so incredibly happy with the path and crazy journey this thing called life is. 

With change comes responsibility. I am responsible for my actions, my happiness and my overall health. I am making big things happen in my life right now and I am NOT stopping any time soon. 


Big News & Big Changes:



  • Enrolling in IIN (The Institute for Integrative Nutrition) and becoming certified as a holistic health coach
  • Becoming a beach body coach and helping people with their weight loss journeys. I am their motivator and coach... and yet I think I am more motivated by THEM. Their posts bring me so much joy. And knowing I am helping... well, it is priceless.
  • Creating a professional website for my Story and Coaching
  • Completing my first Ebook that will be a clean eats 5 day detox that I do when I have had an off few days
  • Moving to my home town in Orange County 
  • Leaving my life and "home" I created in Los Angeles

I think that is it.... for now. I'm going back to loving & living my life right now :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds amazing. Overwhelming yes, but I am really inspired by this post. I am finding that I am beginning to look deeper into nutrition and fitness topics, such as weight lifting and its fat loss benefits and disorders such as BED (which I myself have). I think it is amazing that you are using your interests and journey to create a new life and career, I must admit it is something that has crossed my own mind. Maybe I should do like you and just go for it?!
    Ruth - www.upandrunningweightloss.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruby :) Thanks for your support! Yes I say 100% go for it if it is something you are interested in and passionate about. That is what I realized, I am just PASSIONATE about my health & wellness and helping others. Follow your dreams! as cliche as the may sound... xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting. I love the honesty! I'd love to hear more about you becoming a Beach Body coach... I had applied for a job with them online, not realizing that that's what it was, and when they got back to me to explain everything- it really turned me off. It sounds like you have to buy the shakes first before you can make money?! It just sounded really risky. Though, I suppose I should just research it more.

    BTW- we're IIN classmates! How are you liking the program so far? I'm about a week behind, but I'm hoping to catch up this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey abbey,
      If you would like to know more about bb coaching feel free to contact me through email, I'm never really updating my blog anymore. I have way too much going on to keep up! I became a bb coach after I did a challenge, I fell in love with shakeology and the workout programs before I ever looked at the company as an employer. I was involved and a customer months before becoming a coach which probably why I have had so much success so quickly. I wasn't a coach first, just trying to make money. I was a customer who genuinely fell in love with what beach body did for me. I have had tremendous success as a coach and have shocked even my head coaches with what I have done so far as a coach in just three months. it's been truly a blessing. I love being a bb coach. It's probably one of the best decisions I have made in 2013.

      I love IIN but I too am very behind right now. Trying to juggle a lot right now!

      Feel free to email me if you have questions

      Xo

      Delete