Thursday, May 9, 2013

Breakfast of Champions

Today on Instagram I posted one of my favorite breakfast meals, Paleo Egg Muffins
I also had a chocolate shakeology/ PB2 cup. sooo yum!
Each morning (and evening) I also drink green tea with raw honey and apple cider vinegar.

PALEO EGG MUFFIN RECIPE:

  • 1 egg
  • 2 egg whites (or 6 tbspn of liquid egg whites)
  • chopped bell pepper, cilatro & green onion


Mix ingredients, pour into muffin cooking sheet (I use coconut oil for nonstick)
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
YUM!

CHOCOLATE SHAKEOLOGY PEANUT BUTTER CUPS:

  • 2 tbsp Organic unrefined Coconut Oil
  • 5 tbsp Chocolate Shakeology
  • 3 tbsp PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
  • 2 tbsp water
  • foil baking cups or muffin tray
In a microwave safe bowl add coconut oil & Put in the microwave for 30-40 seconds (but do not let boil, we want it to become liquid). Remove and add Shakeology to the bowl, stir. Next in the foil cups add just barely enough of the chocolatey mix to cover the bottom of the foil tray. put into freezer for a few minutes to let harden.
Next, in a bowl combine the PB2 with the water. take tray out of freezer & Add about 1/2-1 tsp of the PB2 mix on top of Shakeology layer in the foils. Finally, top off the PB2 layer with enough of the remaining Shakeology/coconut mix to cover the PB2. 
Let stand in freezer for 20 minutes, then ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Keep it up! Just started my weight loss goal. www.healthin90days.ca

    Let me know if we can help each other in anyway.

    Thanks,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks matt :) Good luck on your journey too! Its a daily battle for me, but doin my best!

      Delete
    2. I really want to make these eggs, donyoumkeep them in then fridge or freezer? And are they ok to warm in the microwave?!
      Thank you!

      Delete
    3. I eat them while they are fresh :)

      Delete